encounter with some die-hard fans of Akwa United FC


In the early hours of today, 6.50am precisely, a tricycle (Keke) pursued me vigorously along Aka Etinan Road, Uyo. I was absolutely scared and had to scramble for an opportunity to park my vehicle miles away, and at least run for safety.
Before i knew it they had already caught up with me, chanting "Obongowo-songhoda-iseh, na me na, u no know me? We no dey see you again for stadium, where you dey hide?"
Immediately i heard the word 'stadium', my nerves slightly calmed as i quickly drifted my mind towards the fact that those folks could likely be ardent and very committed fans of Akwa United FC of Uyo, who just maybe wanted ask or get a few update about the just concluded 2016 Nigerian Professional Football league season or engage me on issues regarding the World Cup qualifiers, EPL, La-Liga or something, with view of inclusion on 'white paper'. At least at that point, i was sure of the people that came after me.
The gentlemen (two - identical twins) held me for almost an hour, i decided to play cool and do more of listening. They almost forced words out of my mouth and asked critical questions, in which i tried my best to reserve comments.
One argued: "You are a stakeholder in this business, you must give us direction. You must answer my question ooo. Na una dey chop Akwa United money (Like say i be board member of the club). You always dey run away from us when we dey ask you something wey fit good for this our club."
I replied him as thus: "Bros, i no know wetin to answer you. U know say i no work for Akwa United nor can i hold brief for the chairman or commissioner, so i don't know what to answer you. I only cover and report games for organisers of the league. My duty is simple and i don't like engaging myself in such argument."
To actually help myself, i pleaded with them, that i will share their opinion to fans and followers of the club, who may actually put it in perspective and tow their line or decide to be in the opposite direction, while exonerating myself.
The million dollar question they jointly asked, using our local dialect was:
"Has Maurice Cooreman done enough to convince fans that he should be allowed to continue as coach of the club (Akwa United) next season?

Drop your comment below

encounter with some die-hard fans of Akwa United FC encounter with some die-hard fans of Akwa United FC Reviewed by Wisdom on 07:27 Rating: 5

No comments

Latest Bangla Movies